Stephan Janssens is a Belgian artist who studied arts and sciences at the Royal Athenaeum of Belgium.
While he has continued to develop his career as an artist, music also plays an important role in his life. In his private life, he has been a singer in bands for over 20 years.
With an overflowing creative spirit, he explores both the play of light and painting on different media and in different contexts.
He landed in second place at the European Art Festival 2021 in Amsterdam.
His organic and semi-abstract works have been presented in various exhibitions in Brussels, Amsterdam, Milan, Luxembourg, Paris, Basel, Miami, Zurich and Monte Carlo.
Style and concept
Stephan’s work transcends reality. He creates landscapes in an unconscious zone. They are called: ‘the momentum innerscapes’. A reflex of thoughts between duality puts an end to the actual decision. A play of light, depth and shadow.
A snapshot in time.
It is not about pollution or political statements and judgments.
It is a filter that narrows feelings and action. The play of our own duality, zoomed in and viewed as though through a microscope, filtered into that inner momentum, and rendered in these jungle-like landscapes of depths, liquids and shapes.
It makes us think twice.
Do we sheepishly follow what we don’t know or don’t care about, simply because it is the easy choice?
These works should question our inner balance, the struggle of our personality to overcome duality, so as to find the inner peace of mind without outside intervention.
2021 ” De lichtfabriek’ “, pop-up light installation, Toekomstlaan Lokeren, Belgium
- Solo exhibition at Roosenberg Abbey, Waasmunster, Belgium
- Solo exhibition at Necotex NV, Destelbergen, Belgium
- Europart Fair, Westergashal Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Knokke Art Fair, Knokke Casino, Belgium
- Monaco Art Fair, Fontveille Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Art3F Porte de Versailles, Paris, France
- Art Luxembourg – Luxembourg
- Art Mulhouse, France
- Art3F Brussels, Belgium
- SHINE Exhibition, MADS Milan, Italy
- Contemporary Art, Biscuit Gallery, London, UK
- Digital exhibition ECA, Amsterdam
- Exhibition Dream, MADS Gallery, Italy
- Artbox Basel, Basel, Switzerland
- Monaco Art, Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Breakout Exhibition, MADS Gallery, Italy
- Luxembourg Art – Luxembourg
- Garden Expo, Giardini Marinesa, Venice, Italy
- MATER Exhibition, MADS Gallery, Italy
- Participation in the Luxembourg Art Prize
- Exhibition SAP Online
- Artbox Switzerland, Zurich, Switzerland
- Participation in the opera “The sun and the sea”, winner of the Golden Lion in Venice.
- Performance “Duality the inbetween” Palazzo Rossini, Venice, Italy
- Exhibition in the space Tony Baert Interior, Hamme, Belgium
- Miami Art Week, Wynwood Miami, USA
- International Contemporary Art Fair BXL, Brussels, Belgium